||Time: 3 hours
- Find the equation of the line passing through the points
(2,7) and (6,-5). Write the answer in the
standard form of the line , where a, b, and c are
integers and a>0.
- Find the domain and the range of the function .
- Find the inverse of the function on the
- Find the midpoint of the line between the points
(2,7) and (5,-5).
- Five gallons of a mixture is 60% water by volume. Determine the number of gallons of water that must be added to bring the mixture to 75% water.
- Factor the expression completely over the set of
- Find the exact point(s) of intersection of the graphs
- Rewrite the fraction
as a simple fraction in reduced form.
- Find the exact distance between the two points (5,7) and (7,-5).
- What is the slope of a line:
- parallel to 7x-21y+11=0 ?
- perpendicular to
the line 7x-21y+11=0 ?
- On what interval(s) is the function increasing?
- Find the maximum value of the function .
- Solve the equation for x.
- If you shift the graph of so that it is superimposed on the graph of f(x-5)+3, where will the shift take the point (1,-3) on the graph of ?
- If and , find . Simplify your answer.
- Solve the equation
- If (2,7) is a point on the graph of an even function, name one
other point on the graph. If (3,-8) is a point on the graph of an odd
function, name one other point on the graph.
- How can you tell from a graph of a function whether the function
- Why can't you find the inverse of without
restricting the domain?
If you would like to check your answers, click on Answer .
If you would like to practice another Part 1 Test-Out exam, click on
Next Exam .
If you would like to practice on Test-Out exams for Parts 2, 3 or 4,
click on Menu . It will take you back to the original menu.
Wed Jul 9 11:27:03 MDT 1997
Copyright © 1999-2019 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour