||Time: 2 hours
- Given the equation, find the following:
- Horizontal Shift(phase shift)
- Vertical Shift
- and four points that have a y-coordinate of -15.
- Given that the point
is located on the
terminal side of the angle t, find a point on the terminal side of
the following angles:
- Write as an algebraic expression in x.
- Convert to radian measure.
- Convert 150.3040 radians to degree measure in the format.
- The graph of is bounded by what two lines?
- Why are these two lines considered boundary lines?
- Graph the function and the two boundary lines.
- A man, standing on the top of a building that is 4,000 feet
high, looks down, with an angle of depression of 30 degrees, to the
base of the building across the street. How far apart are the
- Restrict the domain of the function to an
interval where the function is increasing, and
- Determine over that interval.
- Then sketch the graphs of both f and on the same
- What relationship do the graphs of these two functions have to
the graph of the function g(x)=x?
- A total of $25,000 is invested for 10 years at 12% per year
compounded monthly. How much interest will be earned during
the 10 years?
- Solve for x in the inequality
- When does ?
- When does ?
- Assume that the population of a town in Texas is given by
, where t is time in years, and t=0
corresponds to the year 1900.
- In what year was the population 60,000?
- Did the population ever reach 100? If yes, when? If no, why not?
- How long will it take for the population to reach 1,000,000?
- Find the zeros of
- Graphically. Explain how you interpreted the graph to arrive at
- Solve the following system of equations for and
If you would like to check your answers, click on Answer.
If you would like to practice another Part 4 exam, click on Next
If you would like to practice on exams for Parts 1, 2 or 3, click on
Menu. It will take you back to the original menu.
Tue Jun 24 22:57:08 MDT 1997
Copyright © 1999-2019 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour