||Time: 1 hour
- Given the two points (6,-7) and (3,4), find the following:
- The distance between the two points.
- The midpoint of the two points.
- An equation of the line between the two points.
- An equation of the circle whose diameter is the line between
the two points.
- On inverse functions:
- When does a function have an inverse?
- What is the relationship between the domain and range of a
function and the domain and range of its inverse?
- The graphs of a function and its inverse are symmetric to what line?
- Restrict the domain of the function so
that its inverse exists.
- If f(x) has an inverse, find .
- Given the functions , and
, find the following.
- Find (f+g)(x).
- Find (fg)(x).
- Find f(g(x)).
- How do the following graphs differ from the graph of the
Describe the difference in words.
- Concerning the following graph of f(x):
- Approximate the interval(s) where the function is increasing?
- Approximate the interval(s) where the function is decreasing?
- Solve the inequality
If you would like to check your answers, click on
If you would like to practice another Part 1 exam, click on
Next Exam .
If you would like to practice on exams for Parts 2, 3 or 4, click on
Menu . It will take you back to the original menu.
Thu Jun 26 14:58:36 MDT 1997
Copyright © 1999-2019 MathMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.
Math Medics, LLC. - P.O. Box 12395 - El Paso TX 79913 - USA
users online during the last hour